What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a client of Physio-logical, have specific rights.
To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: 34 Little Corner, Denmead, Hampshire, PO7 6XL
Who We Are
We are Physio-logical, a private physiotherapy clinic; Physio-logical, 34 Little Corner, Denmead, Hampshire, PO7 6XL, telephone number 07835 712306, email address firstname.lastname@example.org For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the Controller.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
We record and use the following categories of personal data which may include: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, medical history, diagnosis, treatment information, health related information, date of birth, job title, hobbies. This data is collected and stored for the purpose of health diagnosis and treatment and forms part of our contract to provide our services. In addition, we will only examine or treat you with your explicit consent.
We may contact you about additional, associated services that may be of benefit to you on the basis of legitimate interest.
We may also use the information to contact you for market research purposes via phone, email or mail.
If you make prospective enquiries via the website or by email, we will only contact you with your explicit consent.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We only share your personal data with your explicit consent, where, for example we need to contact a third party regarding your physiotherapy treatment and give them your relevant details in order to provide your current clinical records. Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data, we ensure they are compliant with the data protection law and any such data is not stored outside of the EU.
Retaining Your Personal Data
Whilst you are a client of ours we will continue to store and use your personal data. As Chartered Physiotherapists we have a legal obligation to keep these records for 8 years for adults and children until the age of 26 after you have been discharged.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure (within our legal professional obligations) and a right to restrict processing.
- You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the Data Controller, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the Data Controller, whose details are shown above.
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the Data Controller, whose details are shown above.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.