What will happen when I see a physiotherapist?
Visiting a Physiotherapist for the first time can be daunting, especially when you are in pain. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions to put your mind at ease.
What should I expect on my first visit?
- A physio will first carry out a thorough assessment to ascertain if you have a serious health problem that may be connected to your back pain. This is carried out by asking a series of questions about the problem area and your general health, followed by a physical assessment to look at your movement and gently feel the problem area. The Physio will then find the reason for your back pain and look at ways to help prevent further problems.
What treatments can you offer for my back pain?
- Physios offer a range of treatments that have proven to be effective with back pain. These include manual treatments, such as massage and manipulation and acupuncture. Your physio will also advise you on appropriate exercise and pain relief for your symptoms.
What should I wear to my appointment?
- So that your physio can have a good look at your back and feel your spine, they may need you to remove some clothes. It’s a good idea to dress comfortably and wear suitable underwear.
How many sessions will I need?
- This will vary depending on the condition. However, it should be possible to give an indication of how many sessions you will need after your initial examination.
Our Core Values
Our values are what set us apart from others and provide guidance for making decisions every day. At Physio-logical any decision or issue is answered by referring to our values.
- Caring – We are patient focussed and want to help you to achieve a healthy, active life free from pain and injury.
- Quality – We do physio and we do it well! Our patients say it best.
- Partnership – We work together with you to achieve your goals. We listen first!
- Flexible – We offer a variety of different treatment types and offer flexible appointment times to suit your needs.
- Professional – We aim for excellence in everything we do.
Back pain is reported by 80% of people at some time in their life. 30% of patients who come to see us have back or neck pain. Whether you have chronic, ongoing or reoccurring back pain we can help. At Physio-logical we listen to your problems, give you a clear explanation and solution to manage your pain long term.
If you are suffering from back pain in Havant, Rowlands Castle, Waterlooville, Emsworth, Petersfield, Chichester, Southsea, Clanfield, Cowplain, Denmead or surrounding areas then please email email@example.com, call 07835 712306 or book online.
We can help you say goodbye to your lower back pain today!